Do not move sign

It seems we are due a new diesel, it will be it seems the largest narrow gauge diesel in the country, it seems must be housed indoors, so will only be seen when running, I do wonder what interest it will generate while on loan?

The line is steep so new engine will pull more carriages, but question is can we get enough people who want diesel, most want hauling by steam.

Sponsored Links
I love steam, particularly stationary engines / miniature Mamod stuff, but I'm not interested in being taken around by it funnily enough.

There are lots of diesel galas / excursions / weekends I go to on restored or semi-restored locos. If you're in the groups, I've found there are lots of blokes into diesel (including younger people in their 20s and 30s). They're a certain 'type' though, and none of them like steam!

I'm happy enough with diesels :)
I was on this railtour back in 2013:
Nothing quite like a class 37 triple header!
Just standing near one, when they come into a platform makes your whole body resonate.
...and you can hear the car alarms going off in the background of the video!

Sponsored Links
I'm happy enough with diesels :)
I was on this railtour back in 2013:
Nothing quite like a class 37 triple header!
Just standing near one, when they come into a platform makes your whole body resonate.
...and you can hear the car alarms going off in the background of the video!

They're absolute beasts! Regularly hear the sound of the engine slapping against the houses on our road as I live near the Midland Mainline.

I once agreed to go shopping on the provision that I could hear a cold start of one in the loco works at Derby. Lungs just about recovered now :D

Back