Does this look like an asbestos garage roof to you?

Just because it’s asbestos and the hazards associated with that.
What hazards? That's the point.

Having asbestos materials present does not in itself create a hazardous situation.

Just like having electricity and gas in the house. They can be dangerous in specific circumstances, but not in every day situations.

Sponsored Links
I removed an old asbestos cement garage roof last year.

Wear a mask, wet it down and double-bag it. Try to keep it as intact as possible Wear a disposable suit if you're particularly concerned

Regards

Tet

Out of interest, what would you guys expect to pay to have the roof cleaned and resealed to stop some leaks?

Sponsored Links
I doubt any legitimate firm can lawfully clean roof sheets, so you will be paying random money to random chancers

Yes that’s cement based asbestos roof . Wouldn’t recommend messing with it yourself . If it’s only few simple holes that you can reach them safely off a ladder. I’d say a fibre glass paint like ... Acrypol As it Bridges gaps and cracks with ease and is so easy to apply

Yes that’s cement based asbestos roof . Wouldn’t recommend messing with it yourself . If it’s only few simple holes that you can reach them safely off a ladder. I’d say a fibre glass paint like ... Acrypol As it Bridges gaps and cracks with ease and is so easy to apply

Thanks. It’s okay to brush off after wetting it as well? I’m thinking about prepping the surface.

It should be okay when wet to sweep ,as the dampness will stop any loose asbestos fibres from becoming airborne , make sure your not sweeping or scraping that when it’s dry , once that’s done let any water drain off then paint ,as acrypol can be applied to moist surfaces.. just DO NOT scrape or sweep when dry Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back