Dog knapping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is on the increase

apparently the value of some breeds has gone up since this lock down caper

Lone woman dog walkers have been targeted in particular walking puppies or young dogs

fake RSPCA uniforms and badges are used by some of these dog knapping scum bags

As happened recently in Horsham Sussex

that’s Notches area

Sponsored Links
My wife is worried sick about it.

People have been punched to the ground and had their dogs taken.

Other scam is knocking on doors asking if the owners want their drives doing but been more interested if the dog barks at strangers..

A couple were followed home from vets and 5 puppies and the mum were taken from the house, luckily police have found the dogs (and more) iirc.

They are now cutting the chips out.

All for money, bloody scum..

I'd be interested to know the ethnicity of these dog 'nappers. I wonder if it's yet another imported crime, an imported problem.

It's always happened.
My sister was breeding alsatian at one point and knowing what people were like, she always had 4 or 5 of her bulky friends and family showing the dogs to potential buyers.
I remember 2 guys who didn't even pass the threshold when they saw me and 2 massive bouncers.
They made up excuses and left.
Not a new thing, just now there's more publicity with social media and internet.

Sponsored Links
fake RSPCA uniforms and badges are used by some of these dog knapping scum bags

As happened recently in Horsham Sussex

that’s Notches area

Do you think he might be involved?

Seriously, it's not just some breeds that have increased in value, most breeds have doubled or tripled in value because of lockdown, supply and demand.
A customer of mine owns and trains gun dogs, they've had an eleborate cctv system installed.

I'd be interested to know the ethnicity of these dog 'nappers. I wonder if it's yet another imported crime, an imported problem.
It’s nothing new. My friend who I walk my dog with every morning had one of her dogs stolen while out walking about 8 years ago. They had got separated (not unusual) and the dog had been deaf from birth. It would just stand still and howl when it wanted to be found. She saw a white transit van leaving the area. She blitzed the area with posters offering reward and went onto a few travellers sites effing and blinding and screaming that she wanted her ****ing dog back. After a few days she got a call from someone with a broad Irish accent. They had 'found' her dog. She arranged to meet them in Billericay High street. When they turned up, by coincidence, a member of public pointed to the dog and also to a poster on a lamppost and in a shop window and shouted "that’s the missing dog", other people got involved, my friend started crying and the two Irishmen let the dog go and fled. It got in the local papers and she actually went on tv with it as Alan Titchmarsh was doing an article about dog napping on his daily show.

Last edited:
I don't think that it has "always" happened. I know it happened occasionally with some breeds or some locations, but it certainly was not as common as it is nowadays with all breeds at risk in many more places - or even via specific burglaries.

We work for a lady with to chocolate brown labradors
Females / bitches

she lives in a road and was concerned about a yellow cross painted on the pavement out side her house

she rang all the utility companies and it’s nowt to do with them

no other prop had any thing out side there house

she is of the opinion that her house had been ear marked for some thing

I.e her dogs ???????

We work for a lady with to chocolate brown labradors
Females / bitches

she lives in a road and was concerned about a yellow cross painted on the pavement out side her house

she rang all the utility companies and it’s nowt to do with them

no other prop had any thing out side there house

she is of the opinion that her house had been ear marked for some thing

I.e her dogs ???????

She refused the vaccine...

that’s Notches area

Horsham is about 12 miles away.

I have heard of dog napping around Copthorne.

As a dog owner, I see it as a despicable crime.
As it happens we don't let our dog off the lead.....a close experience of being chased by a bigger dog put us off, esp as our dog looks rather like a tiny fox from a distance.

Too many dangerous chav dogs around sadly

Unfortunately, its letting your little dog off lead that will cause many issues.
Too many small dogs are let off and the owners simply say "its friendly" when it goes to harass a larger dog.
Have a look at southend dog training's tiktok or youtube videos to find out why.
But that's beside the point of the thread.

I have a small 4yr old GSD and a 6 yr old Akita cross.
Normally I dont think the GSD is in any danger of being kidnapped but even before this caper came to light I have been worried about the Akita cross because as everyone else that sees her says
she is gorgeous, she is a lovely looking dog that everyone wants to cuddle and if she takes a liking to you she laps the attention up, absolutely worth about 5 times what I paid for her.

Still, I' training them to bite anyone that comes within 2m anyway so the dogknappers have no chance :)

Horsham is about 12 miles away.

I have heard of dog napping around Copthorne.

As a dog owner, I see it as a despicable crime.
As it happens we don't let our dog off the lead.....a close experience of being chased by a bigger dog put us off, esp as our dog looks rather like a tiny fox from a distance.

Too many dangerous chav dogs around sadly

I meant nothing by the post other than it was in your area

Our younger dog barks at strangers that come too close, we were training her out of it but to be honest it seems a benefit at the moment.

Definitely a big increase in dog theft over the last 6 months at least imho.

Lockdown has pushed the prices up.

Sponsored Links
Back