Dog knapping

Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to know the ethnicity of these dog 'nappers. I wonder if it's yet another imported crime, an imported problem.
I doubt that. You'd only be interested if the facts suited your prejudice. If they didn't you'd lose all interest.

Pro/amateur breeder local to me had bitch & 6 pups stolen the week before release. All sold, deposits taken (& spent). An estimated loss of over £12k !

While I feel that the breeder deserved it, I don't feel the dogs did.

These are a mix of organised gangs & opportunists, it would be fairly easy to break the cycle & discourage the gangs being involved but this is a problem of our modern police force, we don't really have one.

Simple solution: chip the puppies during their first vaccination.
Database of stolen dogs kept by Kennel Club.
Vets to automatically check chipped dogs whenever in vets surgery.

Sponsored Links
These criminals have bent vets in their circle who remove the original chip and replace it with a new one.

The thing is, if you can cause the death of nearly 40 humans and still not be locked up for life with no chance of parole, where's the deterrent for scum not to commit crime? In their world, the risk of maybe going to prison for x months or a few years is worth the gamble. And there's no point talking about having a conscience as these people don't have one, hence them being perfectly happy to not only take your stuff, but to beat you into a pulp if you resist, or even if you don't.

Don't worry, if any of these individuals/gangs get caught, you can rest assured they'll get a tough talking to and a suitably short jail sentence or community order to think about the wrongs they've done.

The thing is, if you can cause the death of nearly 40 humans and still not be locked up for life with no chance of parole, where's the deterrent for scum not to commit crime? In their world, the risk of maybe going to prison for x months or a few years is worth the gamble. And there's no point talking about having a conscience as these people don't have one, hence them being perfectly happy to not only take your stuff, but to beat you into a pulp if you resist, or even if you don't.

Don't worry, if any of these individuals/gangs get caught, you can rest assured they'll get a tough talking to and a suitably short jail sentence or community order to think about the wrongs they've done.
Jail sentence???
For stealing a dog and beating the owner???
Where do you live?
South Korea?
Here in UK if, IF they catch you by mistake (because they won't look for you), at most you'll get a caution.
In worst cases, you might even risk a suspended sentence.

They cut the chips out.

Google "Fern's Law", they are trying to make it compulsory for vets to check the chips. Apparently not many do. Same with rescues etc.

So even if the original chip is still in then they may not check it.

They cut the chips out.

Google "Fern's Law", they are trying to make it compulsory for vets to check the chips. Apparently not many do. Same with rescues etc.

So even if the original chip is still in then they may not check it.
I see it is still under review, as of Sept 2020:
The Government is also considering proposals for the scanning of dogs by vets as part of the ongoing Post Implementation Review of The Microchipping of Dogs (England) Regulations 2015.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300010

Sponsored Links
Back