Domestic gas engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys

I have been qualified as a domestic gas engineer but I applied to lots of company and they didn't accept my CV that's why I wasn't successful in finding a job . I have been qualified in leeds College of Building and located in leeds as well but i dont have the ability to start my job as self-employed because of my finances. Already worked 14 months with busy gas engineer as on all domestic gas appliances but this volunteer job and he wouldn't give me money . I stopped to get more certificates and grads because I just realised I needed to get a job first .I do appreciate any advice or job I can do boiler installation service repair central heating unvented system as well .
Would appreciate for any help .
Notify me by pm please

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having a problem finding a job.

I would suggest you remove your email from a public forum and just ask anybody interested to contact you by PM.

My suggestion would be to do more networking, go in to your local plumbers merchants and ask if they know anybody looking…..even if they say “no I don’t know anybody, but Simon from XYZ heating engineers are always busy”…..then you can contact them and say “I spoke to Dave at the plumbers merchants and he said you might……”

Have a look at any extensions being done near you….go and ask the builder who they get to do their plumbing.

I’m sorry you’ve been working as a volunteer for 14 months that taking the pizz

I'll do that as soon as possible mate thanks for your advice . You made my day at least I find new place to try

Sponsored Links
Seriously? 14 months unpaid? How many hours were you doing each week? Is he willing to give you references? And really, did he not pay you a single penny? I am a lowly decorator. In the event that I was training someone I would still pay them enough to make it worthwhile for them to turn up each day.

I'll do that as soon as possible mate thanks for your advice . You made my day at least I find new place to try
I hope you find something soon.........the key it to forget sending out emails and focus on networking.

I realise you arent wanting to be self employed at the moment but what about if you got yourself CIS registered then you could go and do work for tradesman and get paid for day rate.

If you are qualified and have some experience you should be able be very useful to somebody.

Do you have your own van or car and do you have tools? -that makes a difference, as many tradesmen would want to be able to have somebody who could make their own way to site.

can you do powerflushing? -a heating engineer might be pleased to have somebody do that for him whilst he gets on with other stuff

Almost 35 hours each week, and I was working in restaurant night time . I have been to college as an adult, so I hadn't a chance to get an apprenticeship because of my age . I did it because when you are working on your gas portfolio through the qualification, you need to have someone as a witness . In fact,I learned a lot from him, on the first day I can say I wasn't able to do anything .

Gald to see you paying to your training guy this is really good feeling to see end of day you will get paid . Hope to see you happy always

I can do the power flush already did for several time and I know how to do it . Yesterday I applied for gas safe registered card but at moment I can't spend money on van and tools . I just need to make some money and spend it on my tools and van . I've got car and some tools.

Sponsored Links
Back