Door Threshold / FFL

Sponsored Links
As always @noseall thanks for the sense check.

Can anyone recommend a reputable aluminium door supplier, or have you opted for composite owing to similar issues like this/condensation concerns?

Thanks

As always @noseall thanks for the sense check.

Can anyone recommend a reputable aluminium door supplier, or have you opted for composite owing to similar issues like this/condensation concerns?

Thanks
Find a local door/window company and one that you can discuss FFL's with.
I'm guessing the door opens in?

Sponsored Links
Hi @noseall, yes. The door opens inwards.
I've a good local supplier but by his own admission states I would be able to better price/function/performance wise than their offering.

Been looking at Welthaus, very, very competitively priced with a decent lead time and good reviews from self builders on the forums. I may look to use that as leverage with local fitters but I don't want to be wasting their time.

I think their threshold offering is far more sensible and what you were referring to (see attached).

In terms of FFL would it be acceptable to remove a course of bricks and then use one of their aluminium riser/packer options under the threshold to achieve the right height for a semi flush FFL?

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240702_164141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240702_164141_Chrome.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 3

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back