Double oven & hob installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,Ive been looking up previous post regarding oven and hob,but most refer to a single oven. Ive got some questions that i hope someone can help me with..Here goes

Double Oven built under.........4990 watts

Ceramic Hob ........................5800 watts

Do both these items need their own circuits from the CU ?

Which cable is suitable and fuse rating at CU for each ?

Also in both manuals it states that a heat resisant flexible cable be used at the connection of each item............which type and size of this?

Sponsored Links
They can be on the same circuit, provided the isolation switch (i.e. the cooker control unit) can be within 2m of both of them.

As for the rating(s) of the circuit(s), if you search here for cooker or oven you'll find it's a vexed topic.

The actual loads of the oven and hob are 21.7A and 25.2A. The rules say that you can count them as 13.5A and 14.6A respectively, or 21.1A if they're on the same circuit.

Designing to cope with full load is better, IMO, so if separate circuits then 4mm² on a 25A breaker, or 6mm² on a 30A. Once circuit would require 10mm² on a 45A.

However, your choice might be limited by the size of flex you can get. If you really must use heatproof flex and not normal cable to connect these, then you might well have to have separate circuits - if you can't get bigger than 2.5mm², you shouldn't really have it on a 45A breaker....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back