DPC level in all rooms not at same level would it cause any damp issue or problem for underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, We are building an extension and as a part of it we are replacing floor concrete in whole house. There is mismatch in DPC level in rooms. In one room it is 60mm above floor insulation level compared to other rooms. Screed will be added on the top of the insulation. That means in some area screed will be above DPC level whereas in some area screed level will be same as DPC level.

There will be underfloor heating pipes on the top of the insulation. I was hoping that finished level of insulation should be at DPC level so that screed that will cover heating pipes, will be at one level across all rooms.

I feel we cannot have all DPC in the house at finished screed level as it will be at higher level in doors and will prevent heating pipes being taken from one room to other.

Present mismatch is only with outer wall and does not cause any issue for taking out heating pipes through rooms.

Can you suggest whether everything should be ok with this or we need to bring all DPC lower at finished insulation level?

Sponsored Links
DIYNot.png

You are more likely to get help if you post in the appropriate section. The Moderators can move this for you. Click on 'Report' to ask for that.

Hi, We are building an extension and as a part of it we are replacing floor concrete in whole house. There is mismatch in DPC level in rooms. In one room it is 60mm above floor insulation level compared to other rooms. Screed will be added on the top of the insulation. That means in some area screed will be above DPC level whereas in some area screed level will be same as DPC level.

There will be underfloor heating pipes on the top of the insulation. I was hoping that finished level of insulation should be at DPC level so that screed that will cover heating pipes, will be at one level across all rooms.

I feel we cannot have all DPC in the house at finished screed level as it will be at higher level in doors and will prevent heating pipes being taken from one room to other.

Present mismatch is only with outer wall and does not cause any issue for taking out heating pipes through rooms.

Can you suggest whether everything should be ok with this or we need to bring all DPC lower at finished insulation level?
As long as the external dpc is 150mm above ground level, just ensure the doc and dpm are continuous so damp is not let through.

Sponsored Links

Internal FFL's can vary in hight above the DPC level - no problem. As the inner and out leaves work independently of each other - again no problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back