Drayton LP522 not working

Should be coming back with a friend who is an experienced sparky so fingers crossed it will actually work then.
Otherwise we go into winter with no CH or HW other then emersion heater

Unfortunately, these things are almost impossible to remotely diagnose, with so many possible permutations of red wires involved. It needs someone on site, who is reasonably familiar with heating systems, and boiler controls. That person will need to test out those red wires, and identify exactly what goes where.

Just randomly swapping the wires around, and hoping for a fix, simply will not work, but more importantly might cause further damage.

Your young electrician, ought to have begun the job, by marking those reds up with numbers or other means to differentiate them, so if the worst happened, then he could at least back track, to the original control.

Sponsored Links
The whole thing looks odd to me. Terminal 4 of the thermostat wouldn't normally be connected to anything. Terminal 4 is a normally closed contact which becomes live when the thermostat switches 'off' as shown below.

123.jpg

However yours appears to have a connection to terminal 4. :unsure:

456.jpg

Also, no neutral connected to terminal 2. It will work without that and it's a fairly common omission, but it's accuracy will be affected. However at the moment that's a minor issue for you.

As for the programmer, as others have said, unless you can tell us what is connected to the other end of each of the wires there's really nothing more that can be done over a forum.

Last edited:
The whole thing looks odd to me. Terminal 4 of the thermostat wouldn't normally be connected to anything. Terminal 4 is a normally closed contact which becomes live when the thermostat switches 'off' as shown below.
Thanks Stem, I had missed that.
I think there still maybe a black wire going into terminal 3 from the cable with the red wire?
But who knows where that cable to terminal 4 is going?

Sparks are notoriously bad on CH wiring best get a gas guy who does his own wiring up out . Who will methodically go through it

Sponsored Links
what sort of motorised valves do you have ?
unless you have old satchwell motor on motor off motorised valves then there shouldnt be wires in all of 1234
And you wouldnt normally have that link wire between live and 1 the switching is carried out within the unit
As for your room stat same again you would only have a wire in terminal 4 if you have motor off valves cant see any wire in terminal 3 which is switched live for heating to come on

Last edited:
Since starting this post way back in September, we now have CH & Water but not as intended!

Apparently an old Zone Valve was faulty and has been replaced for the CH

If I press the advanced CH the Hot water also comes on shown by the light but does not fire the boiler.
So currently the CH is controlled only by room stat and hot water by the tank stat.

The electrician will be back again next week

Any thoughts? Must be a wiring issue, I'm guessing

An experienced heating installer is likely to be more familiar with wiring a heating installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back