Drilling Holes in acoustic panelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've purchased some acoustic panelling to line one side of a stairwell

I want to mount a balustrade on the same wall using 50mm stand-offs

What is the best way to drill neat 50mm holes through the panelling to accommodate the standoffs?

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
Oh OK, I think I misunderstood, so you're fitting the boards to the wall, then fitting the balustrade to the acoustic panel/wall? If you fit those stand-offs to the wall rather than the face of the panels then there'll be no room for a gap between the panel and the handrail surely?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Maybe I should have included a picture from the get-go..

This is just by way of example, but imagine the left-hand stair wall covered with the panelling, going behind the glass right to floor level. The standoffs create a gap between the glass and the panelling (how big a gap is yet another unmade decision)

1719815434576.png

Regards

Tet

Just a 50mm hole saw then. Or maybe slightly bigger. Maybe use a sacrificial bit of 6mm plywood or whatever clamped tight to the face of the acoustic sheets to ensure a clean cut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back