Dryer Condenser Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Beko Dryer Condenser seems to be over heating and switching off.

I removed the back panel (Beko) and tested the thermostat with my Multimeter (see photos attached).

With my multimeter at the lowest resistance mode. There was a reading with the black cable/black right side but no reading at all with the bliue cable/white side.

Should there be a reading on both sides? If so, I guess this indicates a faulty thermostat?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20241022_122055.jpg
    IMG_20241022_122055.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20241022_122059.jpg
    IMG_20241022_122059.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes that would tend to indicate that the stat has gone open circuit and that one is non resetable in theory. However if you take it out and throw it face down onto a hard surface they sometimes do spring back to the conducting position.

Yes that would tend to indicate that the stat has gone open circuit and that one is non resetable in theory. However if you take it out and throw it face down onto a hard surface they sometimes do spring back to the conducting position.
Thanks, I give that a try, I guess this was the reason my Dyer was getting extremely hot after 15 minutes? and switching off, usually needing to reset one of my fuse baord consumer switches from off to on. I guess the trip is a Beko safety mechanism. Haven't had a problem with this dryer for about 7-8 years from memory.

Sponsored Links
Unless your condensor is blocked I wouldn't reset a faulty thermostat, it's a single shot thermostat unlike the resettable next to it.
If theres no blockage you would need a heater assembly with a pair of new stats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back