Dustless sanding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Makita DBO 180 what do I use to extract the dust from it? Do I use Henry and some decent dust filter or I see the Makita Makita Dvc750?what's the most effective setup? Tia

Sponsored Links
Any decent vacuum will do but not totally dust free as it only picks up thru the pad base while perimeter dust can easily escape

For anyone interested i went and bought a Nilfisk Multi II 22L T Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner. I also bought a few extras for it, including power tool adapter and few other bits. I did note the standard hose isn't quite long enough so will buy a longer for when i intend to sand the ceiling. Im so excited about it arriving tomorrow how sad am i.

I shall post some pics and reviews on its performance if it helps.

For anyone interested i went and bought a Nilfisk Multi II 22L T Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner. I also bought a few extras for it, including power tool adapter and few other bits. I did note the standard hose isn't quite long enough so will buy a longer for when i intend to sand the ceiling. Im so excited about it arriving tomorrow how sad am i.

I shall post some pics and reviews on its performance if it helps.
The hose will want to come off if you're sanding the ceiling, so make it as secure as you can including with tape. The supplied dust bag plus a good P3 face mask might be a good alternative if circumstances require.

Sponsored Links
as long as the bag or filter in the vaccumn is to HEPA standards, then the harmful stuff that goes in will stay in - but as said above, plenty of dust will come out of the side and never go into the cleaner, so if you are doing a lot of it still use a good (p3) face mask

You might find the 2.2m length of hose to be a tad annoying. From memory each of my Festool dust extractors are have 3.5m hoses. Another issue is that your hose has the rigid sweep at the end that will be difficult to interface with you sander. Nilfisk are a decent manufacturer. Perhaps ask them for advice with regards to a compatible 3.5m hose with a flexible end.

and also consider learning about scrapers - they (in many cases) are so much better than sandpaper, and they don't create a fine lung destroying dust.

Simple to make and sharpen, no costs involved, and do a far far better job - probably went out of fashion because you can't link them to an iPhone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back