Electric Shower Recommendation

Is your hot water system, an open vented system, or a combi boile

You say 2 storey townhouse, do you mean 3 storey??

A 2 storey property shouldn't have issues for water pressure on the first floor.

If you are confident and competent enough, you can always buy a new electric shower try it. If problem persists then it's definitely water pressure issue.
My bad, sorry 3 storey townhouse.

Is there an electric shower brand/model you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there's no leaks in the incoming water supply to the property? Years ago had this issue, swapped shower and same issue. The problem was a lead incoming pipe that had a small leak and the pressure dropped by the time it got to the shower in first floor.

Remember it doesn't have to be a huge leak even a minute leak would be sufficient for the shower pressure to drop from the minimum required.
We did have a small leak a few years ago but resolved it.

Sponsored Links
I have a Mira Sport 9KW which is brilliant. It has a summer and winter setting depending on the incoming water temperature. My plumber fitted a filter in the incoming pipework which lasts 10 years and stops it furring up with limescale.

We have issues with poor water pressure and fitted two Mira Magnaflo mixer showers, fed from the combi. One replaced an electric shower and the other an old Aqualisa mixer.

It was a great improvement.

My bad, sorry 3 storey townhouse.

Is there an electric shower brand/model you recommend?
As someone stated speak to a plumber. Better still, get a water pressure test. My money is still on a leak. There might be a leak in a shared / mains / incoming supply even on the street. It doesn't have to be big leak but clearly it's enough affecting minimum pressure. Or you might want to have the pressure increased

For what it's worth, I've never fully been able to understand the hate directed towards electric showers.
They do seem to be a naff solution to a problem and I certainly agree that a combi-fed thermostatic shower is unquestionably better, but they do have their place.

My current house we are just about to vacate has two showers - an electric in the main bathroom and a thermostatic shower in the ensuite running from the combi.

The shower has been in since 2016 when the house was built as we specified it as an optional upgrade when we bought the house.
It's a Mira Galena same power rating as this one here: https://www.screwfix.com/p/mira-galena-slate-9-8kw-manual-electric-shower/9461g

I honestly cannot fault it. It's completely unaffected by other people in the house running taps or flushing toilets, or the washing machine using water. The pressure is fantastic.

Obviously, it is not cheap, but then perhaps electric showers are a case of 'you get what you pay for'.
Whenever I see forum posts with people complaining their electric shower is c@rp, it is always a very low end affair at an almost disposable price while simultaneously looking like it's come straight out of the mid 90's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back