Electric toaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the newspaper today, a MP daughter died when trying out the electric toaster, there was no explanation, any idea how this could've happen ?

Sponsored Links
The story I read: http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/12452842?source=Evening Standard didn't say toaster, just an appliance.

Who knows what caused it? Did the guys responsible for the "newly refurbished kitchen" screw up? Why did they mention the kitchen?

Was the appliance faulty? Whatever it was, there's no guarantee that it was in an RCD socket.

Did she simply, absent-mindedly, have her fingers behind the plug as she put it in?

No doubt we'll find out.

ban-all-sheds said:
Did she simply, absent-mindedly, have her fingers behind the plug as she put it in?

This is nigh-on impossible with sleeved pins, but my guess would be that there is a combination of factos which caused the shock - maybe wet hands + no rcd + poor earthing perhaps?

As you say, we'll find out.

Sponsored Links
PS - yes, Mr Moderator, I know about the rules for signatures. I'll change it back in a day or two once everyone has had a laugh...

Fountainman should be out of his tree at this violation or at least having a Breezer or three !! ;)

Well, I'm in support of your revolt against the mods in view of what they've done to plugwash... I know that his advice hasn't always been agreeable to all, but I thought that the spirit of a forum was free argument. If they edited one of my posts as they have done his I would be very annoyed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back