Featheredge boards - fixing method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got 150mm boards that I am using to clad a shed. I plan to sue 40mm galvanised nails but have seen varying methods for where they should be nailed.
I plan to have a 25mm overlap with the boards and wanted to check if it is okay to nail them at the top of the board, in the section that will be hidden by the overlapping board.

I would welcome your advice on this.

Sponsored Links
If you've got a 25mm overlap nail through the bottom of the overlapping board so it just misses the top of the underlying one , 28mm
So that I have this clear in my head, these nails would then (only just) be hidden by the overlapping board. Is that right?

Sponsored Links
If you've got a 25mm overlap nail through the bottom of the overlapping board so it just misses the top of the underlying one , 28mm
ah, just seen that 28mm. So a few mm above the overlap. As you say, the nails will then be visible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back