Flushing the central heating system

Sponsored Links
Yes ,the system pressure needs to be maintained,so a second person attending to that whilst you observe the water flowing from the valve would be ideal.
Perfect I shall do this. Also do I need to isolate the boiler from the system before I do this?

If you have a filling loop on the return to the boiler, isolate boiler flow and open the filling loop. If rad in question is last before boiler, you'll only be reverse flushing the pipework between it and boiler. Best to shut all other rads off so that flow (reversed) has all pressure available to clear any blockages in that leg of pipe.

I’ve a double ground floor radiator that is furthest away from the pump/boiler. It only warms up when I correctly balance the other radiators by closing (particularly the upper floor) lock shield valves the correct amount.

Sponsored Links
I’ve a double ground floor radiator that is furthest away from the pump/boiler. It only warms up when I correctly balance the other radiators by closing (particularly the upper floor) lock shield valves the correct amount.

OP has declared he's balanced the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back