Freeview Play Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please run through accessing programmes using Freeview Play on an LG TV?

I'm struggling to access a programme shown yesterday.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Go to ch 100. Click the various program providers at the top. Choose your particular program and click it (That's OK on your remote). Sign in and watch. I have found that some advertised programs on the home screen are not actually there when you log in to that provider.

Thanks, I am still able to do this.

But I am struggling to "scroll back" and navigate using this screen to a programme on yesterday and watch it.

17284760694703855419647570497677.jpg

You can do it that way using the apps (above) but then you have to search for the programmes. The way I do it is:

With the TV on, Press 'Guide' on your remote.

Pick a channel (say BBC1) and click where the arrow is pointing to. That will show you what programmes you can go back to on BBC1, today.

IMG_6913.jpeg

Then click here to go back up to 7 days.

IMG_6914.jpeg

When you get to the day, you can click on the programme you want from BBC1 or you can click on any other channel to see what programmes you can see on the particular day you have gone back to. In this case, I have gone back to October 3rd on BBC1

IMG_6915.jpeg

If you click on C4, you get what they have on C4 for October 3rd

IMG_6916.jpeg

The first time you do that, you will have to sign in/create an account with that particular app. IPlayer, ITV X, More 4, My5 etc.

That’s it.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's what I don't understand. It's plugged into the back of a BT WiFi disc and was working last week.

I think I'll plug it into our 24 way switch which is fed directly from the router and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, that's what I don't understand. It's plugged into the back of a BT WiFi disc and was working last week.

I think I'll plug it into our 24 way switch which is fed directly from the router and see if that makes a difference.
Check the TV first in settings and see what connection, if any, you have to the internet.

It says "connected", whether it is plugged into the disc, or the switch, or directly into the router:

IMG_20241009_143646_MP~2.jpg

Go to ch 100. Click the various program providers at the top. Choose your particular program and click it (That's OK on your remote). Sign in and watch. I have found that some advertised programs on the home screen are not actually there when you log in to that provider.

Thanks, I never knew that. Another school day :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back