Glass not sitting flush to seals in window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’m refitting my windows after moving them for my extension. I’ve put the window in foamed it and bolted it but when I came to put the glass back in it doesn’t sit tight to the seal on the external beading, there’s a 3mm gap in every corner and even the centre of the glass doesn’t sit completely flush . I’ve put the inside beading in to see if it just needed the force of the beading to make it tight but still there’s a gap.

The window was sitting in my garden for around 6 weeks perfectly upright so I don’t think it could have warped. Is there anything I can do so I don’t have to buy a new window??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 16
Sponsored Links
Check that theres definately a gap by sliding a credit card or similar in, it shouldn't slip in but pushed with some force could potentially sneak by. Is there a gap on all 4 sides?

Looks like Eurocell profile so I'll take a look at mine when I get home later

Sponsored Links
Check the packers aren't stopping the glass going right back, sometimes the inner pane is lower than the glass packer and the packer holds the glass off the outer gasket but that said if it's ordinary float glass then it probably would have broken by now if you've got the beads in, toughened glass maybe not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back