Global warming new thread

So who is to say there hasnt been a minor change as in a couple of tenths of a degree also as other planets get closer and further away to earth this can also effect the axis and we are now entering a warmer period
you are welcome to provide any evidence to show that is possible within a space of 200 years

Sponsored Links
I remember map reading and magnetic against true North. You had to add on about 6 to 7 degrees in the 70's. Now you aren't required to add anything to get true north. Quite a rate of change.
I thought it had aligned and was moving away again?

It's a regular thing.

Carmen not sure to be honest . Its a long time since I studied this area. All I know is that it has changed in relation to polar and magnetic North. You seem to know more than me do you have a link handy so I can brush up my knowledge. ( genuine request)

Sponsored Links
Carmen not sure to be honest . Its a long time since I studied this area. All I know is that it has changed in relation to polar and magnetic North. You seem to know more than me do you have a link handy so I can brush up my knowledge. ( genuine request)
I was at Greenwich recently.

Try there website maybe?

I remember map reading and magnetic against true North. You had to add on about 6 to 7 degrees in the 70's. Now you aren't required to add anything to get true north. Quite a rate of change.
Compasses at Greenwich will point to true north for the first time in 360 years at some point within the next two weeks.
The angle a compass needle makes between true north and magnetic north is called declination. As the magnetic field changes all the time, so does declination at any given location. For the past few hundred years in the UK, declination has been negative, meaning that all compass needles have pointed west of true north.
The line of zero declination, called the agonic, is moving westward at a present rate of around 20 km per year. By September 2019, for the first time since around 1660, the compass needle will point directly to true north at Greenwich, London, before slowly turning eastwards.

As you can see it's not that simple. The correction needed varies according to where you are.

Bit of scientific explanation including aspects that are unknown - mostly the pole switch that has happened in the rather distant past.

you are welcome to provide any evidence to show that is possible within a space of 200 years
and you are more than welcome to provide evidence that it hasnt happened

Unless you can prove otherwise then, it's almost (99.9999%) certain it's never happened before.

That's the bit to focus on. Why is it now?
making up figures as per usual i see with no fact behind them

Amazing we have people who yesterday never knew about the earths axis or 26000 year wobble are now experts on it

The earth has never occupied the same point in space in its entire existence and we have people think outside influences would stay the same

making up figures as per usual i see with no fact behind them
No. Its the odds.

I am sure if you could suggest anytime when it might have happened before, you would find it.

There's a hell of a lot of years for you to choose from.

It's you that needs to prove its happened before. Not the other way round, because we are talking about the rate of change, not whether the changes have happened or not.

The earth has never occupied the same point in space in its entire existence and we have people think outside influences would stay the same
No.

Its the rate of change.

Why do you struggle with the simple fact?

I don't think anyone is claiming that. The point is there are no external influences that would cause the rate of change we have seen recently.

Amazing we have people who yesterday never knew about the earths axis
Afraid I did and while there are other complications such as the sun moves as well and also planetary alignments what I posted is more than adequate,

Sponsored Links
Back