go-karts / trolleys?

Sponsored Links
and your answer is?

have you asked the kids ?

oh ffs... no, i'm asking you. i don't want my ego massaging, and you seem seem to think i've missed something, so what is it?

i'm not in a beauty pageant, just want to know how to make the best trolley!!

Immi, ignore him.
The fun thing about 'steeries' as we called them was in making them from old scrap not preformed 'kits' that you could buy from a retailer.
The only suggestion I would make for your next one, well 2 suggestions actually, get your kids involved from the start and put bigger wheels on a wider axle at the back. The fun is in the making and testing, not the end result.

I think your trollies cool :D

I remember in the early 80's when i were a lad, me and a mate sent off for some plans of a 3 wheeled go-kart/trike we saw on a saturday morning kids show. It involved cutting through the top and bottom tubes of an old bmx, at an angle so the forks were laying back about 45 degrees and was fixed to the wooded frame, this was your steering and brakes sorted and the rear was another bmx or similar wheels, mounted inboard (as you needed to bolt the spindle on both sides) and an old starter motor and a car battery, oh and a sprocket welded onto the end of the starter

I'm 40 now and grown up so am into proper karting (for men) :D

Sponsored Links
It was along the same sort of lines as that but a tad longer, good fun while it lasted, starter moters don't like to be running constantly and soon burn out and the police weren't too chuffed with the idea either if i recall :D

Nowadays im into big boys karts like these 150mph + jobbies

http://www.superkart.org.uk/for_sale.htm

Back