gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
supersparks said:
and how much time do you waste removing cu cover and removing/ reconecting/re covering it all? why dont you just lock the mcb out?
If you think safety is time-wasting, try having an accident.

Sponsored Links
Play fair, chaps!!

He was actually offering an alternative to your suggestions: lock out the mcb in question!!!!

He was not suggesting not bothering. Hey I know, let's have a massive 240V shock today........

so bas, someone is gunna be soo determined to turn on the power that they will break a lock off an mcb?, and break the mcb?
i dident see there was a reply to this else id have said
thanks securespark for pointing out to these people that i only gave an alternative, locking out an mcb is just as good as disconnecting, only quicker....
what did you two think the holes on an mcb front were for?
and try having an accedent?.....errrr....WHAT?

Yup - locking it out is a lot quicker.

I wasn't having a go - it was more a general comment, I should have taken more care over how I presented it.

Actually, it was a paraphrased quote that's well known in the airline/aeroplane business (which I'm not in, so I don't know who said it), but it was the boss of one of the major airlines, and he once said "If you think safety is expensive, try having an accident".

Sponsored Links
I've received a bunch of topic-watch notifications, but after a certain point they all stop working - I get "Topic post does not exist". It's affecting 5 different threads, so I don't think it can be down to the removal of something offensive - can it?

¿que pasa?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back