Google One question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago, I had a Samsung phone and I can’t quite remember exactly what happened but I signed up to Google one to send/store my photos on. I found that the same photos I had on Google play were on my iPad/icloud but if I deleted a photo from Google play, it also deleted the same photo on my iPad. I’ve not used it for years but even photos I took today are being duplicated on my Google photos. I’m due to be charged again for a years subscription and I wondered if I stopped the subscription on Google one and deleted it, would it delete all my photos in my iCloud? Any ideas?

Also, I’ve just clicked on the link in the email to learn about how to cancel and it tells me to go to my android device which of course I don’t have!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Google and icloud are two separate companies. Deleting one wouldnt affect the other.

Try deleting a pic you have on google that you have on icloud too. You should see that the icloud one stays put.

Google and icloud are two separate companies. Deleting one wouldnt affect the other.

Try deleting a pic you have on google that you have on icloud too. You should see that the icloud one stays put.
That’s just it, when I delete a pic from google photos, it also deletes it from iCloud/ipad. Any photos I take on my iPhone automatically transfer to the cloud and then on to my iPad as well as transferring to Google photo's. It’s as if they are permanently connected.

IMG_6559.jpeg

That’s just it, when I delete a pic from google photos, it also deletes it from iCloud/ipad. Any photos I take on my iPhone automatically transfer to the cloud and then on to my iPad as well as transferring to Google photo's. It’s as if they are permanently connected.

View attachment 347358

I see.....surely there must be something in the settings to stop that from occuring?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I don’t know exactly what I have done but I have managed to cancel my upcoming subscription. It’s still double deleting things at the moment but it was slightly over the free allowance of 15Gb so I’m assuming when my plan ends on 27 July, it will stop accepting iCloud Photos. Fingers crossed!

I dont think it should still be double deleting

Last edited:
Get yourself another gmail address and have another 15gb of space.

I have about 23 gmail accounts at the last count :)

I have a personal gmail account and two business ones but I’m pretty sure you can only link one of them to my Apple ID.

No, it's using different email accounts for different purposes.
The benefit is that I also get an extra 15gb of space should I want to use it.

You mean all the different naughty sites u visit!!

If have an Office 365 Home account- shopping around- I normally pay about £60. It means that I can invite 5 family members and we each get 1Tb of cloud space (and access to Word, Excel, etc. Perhaps try asking friends if they have a spare invite.

Sponsored Links
Back