Handbrake adustment

It is odd you'd take a photo with two wheel bolts and the screw left in place in the same post you'd say they'd been removed.

Sponsored Links
Cancel cancel - thanks all. Job done. Was stuck on the lip in the drum. Absolutely caked on. Yeh, I’d taken everything off including the torx. I’d put two wheel bolts back on to hit with a hammer to try and unseize it all. I’d gone into try anything mode. But all done and adjusted now.. thanks all.

If you want to take the drum and the hub off in one, remove the hub nut and bolt the wheel back on. You can then pull and rock the wheel at the same time and the lot will come off - the wheel gives you leverage. If there’s a lip on the drum, I usually adjust the brakes 3 or 4 clicks too tight, force the drum on and it frees up once the lip has cleared the shoes. You do need experience and confidence though to do that.

P.s. Make sure the handbrake is off. ;)

Edit: Whoops, just seen you’ve done it. Well done. (y)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Mottie! Didn’t even think to use the wheel as leverage!! Brilliant idea! Managed to get it done and the difference is huge! Blimey… a small adjustment makes a world of difference!

Back