Heat pump tumble dryer started making strange noise.

S7G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Hotpoint H8D94WBUK, It's only a couple of years old. I kept getting the error code that the water tank needs emptying even though there was no water in the drawer. I have D&G warranty, they came out in March and this was on the service sheet: ' fitted pump assy freed off sticking water level sensor'. Its been fine however it's started giving the water tank error again but it is also making an horrendous noise. Any ideas about what the noise might be, I've attached a video (the odd sound is the tumble dryer balls!). Thanks

Sponsored Links
It needs me to sign in, so can't hear the noise, but if on a maintenance plan call them out again. It may be a bra wire if not using a bag, some faults are hard to find even when on site, but turning drum by hand seems favourite, however my tumble dryer does not have a free turning drum, although it will turn.

Sorry about that, I wasn't sure where I could host it and I couldn't upload a video like you do a pic. It's basically a grinding sound on the clockwise turn. The strange thing is when it reverses or after about an hour or so of being on (prob shouldn't be using it!). It goes off. Put it on again on Wednesday and nothing. Perfectly normal sound, still doing water tank error though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back