Help wiring a new thermostat (Meross MTS200B)

Sponsored Links
Well, at least in that configuration, it wouldn't have blown up.
Keep it turned off for the moment and don't touch it - you appear to have wired it up incorrectly.

Was there an existing 'stat that you have replaced, and did you take any photos of its wiring?
Thanks for your reply.

I configured like this
Brown in L,
Black in N
Grey in NO

Added pic of my analogue thermostat.

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_170658.jpg
    IMG_20240918_170658.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 6
The grey wire with the blue sleeve is the neutral and should go in Meross N, terminal 1.
Leave the brown in L, terminal 2.
Move the black wire with brown sleeve to COM, terminal 5.
Add a link wire between L, terminal 2 and NO, terminal 3.

You should also reduce the amount of bare copper showing from the wires in the terminals.

If you try that, post a photo back here, and we can check the wiring before you turn the power back on.

The grey wire with the blue sleeve is the neutral and should go in Meross N, terminal 1.

You should also reduce the amount of bare copper showing from the wires in the terminals.

If you try that, post a photo back here, and we can check the wiring before you turn the power back on.
It worked! You're amazing. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_213554.jpg
    IMG_20240918_213554.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2
Sponsored Links

It worked! You're amazing. Thanks!
Managed to pair it successfully to WiFi. Although it doesn't seem to be starting up the boiler. I set temperature to over 30 degrees Celsius, I heard a click in the thermostat but boiler doesn't heat up.

I set temperature to over 30 degrees Celsius, I heard a click in the thermostat but boiler doesn't heat up.
Can you show us a pic of your wiring of the Meross, so we can double check?
After that, we can investigate your boiler settings - although if it was correctly responding to the old stat, the new one should be fine.

Can you show us a pic of your wiring of the Meross, so we can double check?
After that, we can investigate your boiler settings - although if it was correctly responding to the old stat, the new one should be fine.
Is it to do with adding the Link wire from L to NO which you mentioned? I just don't have any suitable wire other than speaker wire.

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_221147.jpg
    IMG_20240918_221147.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 6
Is it to do with adding the Link wire from L to NO which you mentioned?
Yes, probably is! ;)
The black wire, looks long enough that you could cut a short bit off, without making it any more difficult to rewire.

And again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back