Help with sash window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm sanding and repainting my sash windows in only 3 weeks (scaffolding time constraints). So many layers of paint on them... it's horrific!. Whilst I know I'm doing a patch job due to time and money, I wonder if someone could advise me on what to fill the gap between the outside beading and the masonry? I have gauged out the flexible filler between the bottom of the window and the sandstone cill and wondered if I should put a flexible filler back in? I'd like to paint the filler to match the widnow. Lastly! I have horrible plastic black paint on the sandstone cill. Any advice how to get it off? thank you

Attachments

• IMG_9009.jpg
    IMG_9009.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9010.jpg
    IMG_9010.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9024.jpg
    IMG_9024.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Careful there maybe lead in paint.
Fill with 2 pack wood filler.
Then a polymer mastic over.

Better stuff to use would be repair care resin.

Thank you so much. I've looked up these products and I guess the Repair Care resin would be better as it's both flexible and I can paint it? I am using a respirator mask, glasses and gloves so hope I'm avoiding any dust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back