Hep20 valve is dripping in off position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine has been discconnected from this valve as it is being repaired. This is currently in off position but is still dripping. I assume it’s faulty and needs to be replaced? Do I use the same fitting again?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 718E5060-52F4-483F-B032-BF7BE89734EF.jpeg
    718E5060-52F4-483F-B032-BF7BE89734EF.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 310
Sponsored Links
Got a dripping one the other day, exactly like yours.
Is this another company going cheap and still charging top price?

Sponsored Links
one of these?
upload_2020-8-24_9-2-17.png

I assume this will fit onto the hep20 plastic pipe with the insert in place?

speedfit do one similar to that .
better quality imo and not seen one leak.

Out of curiosity (I’m that type!!), I just unscrewed my dishwasher from its hep20 valve and guess what? it’s dripping too!!!!

At this point I was captured by my heightened sense of curiosity. I purchased a new Hep20 machine valve and replaced the one on the dishwasher. At first, the outlet was bone dry since it was in the close position. Stuck my finger in the outlet a few hours later and this is dripping too. Unbelievable!

I wonder if I am doing something wrong...
I’ve just got some hep20 pipe under the kitchen cupboard. It’s using the inserts (not that there is any leak at this join) and it continues to drip at the outlet.

I would love to hear your thoughts/suggestions on this.

Attachments

• 0777E8D3-0B5C-44A4-85AC-69F677B18DF5.jpeg
    0777E8D3-0B5C-44A4-85AC-69F677B18DF5.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 221
How high is your water pressure? If you have a brand new fitting and it's leaking then it would be a return or a call to Wavin.

How high is your water pressure?
Cant imagine it's very high as I remember when we were having the megaflo installed, it was touch-and-go on whether we are getting the right amount of mains pressure.

I have emailed Wavin and will let you know what they come back with. Their technical support line appears to incur a premium charge!

Yes ,you are doing something wrong....
Buying plastic pipe and fittings !!!
Appreciate the point and I suppose it's "lesson-learnt" in my case! However, I know there are so many plumbers (surprised someone hasn't jumped to their defence here) who will happily use Hep20 and in many cases prefer it over copper. Irrespective of where you are on that debate, surely a machine valve should perform its very basic function of stopping water when set to closed. the fact that I have seen this with 3 separate fittings now (1 only purchased yesterday), I am astonished.

some people are more easily astonished than others it would seem.
some people even go looking for astonishment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back