Hep20 valve is dripping in off position

In my experience only one of these valves leaked slightly and I fitted dozen.
To the contrary, the brass ones seem to be one time use as many of them don't hold water after a couple of years and tend to get jammed.
Anyhow, i always carry a blank in my toolbox, in case i have to spend longer than a couple of minutes replacing the hose or the washing machine.
I bet all plumbers do.

Sponsored Links
always carry a blank in my toolbox
Is this the plastic Stop ends? If yes, are they reliable? I have used these on many occasions and not had an issue but after all the plastic bashing on this forum and my recent experiences, can't say I have the same level of confidence.

Also, I have been in touch with Wavin and their Technical Support Manager has got in touch immediately. He will be sending an engineer on site to collect the defective valves and also take a look at the one that is in place currently. He isn't aware of any issues with these valves but will test in their labs.

There is still a part of me that wonders whether there is something that I am doing wrong but apart from using an insert in the receiving pipe, pushing this fitting on fully and setting it to "Close", I can't see what else should be involved. Even if the connection to the existing pipe wasn't right in some way and I have no doubts that it is, I would expect it to leak from that joint - not the outlet of the valve...

Will let you know what they conclude.

You're not doing anything wrong.
The blank I carry is a brass cap with a washer that screws into the valve by hand.
Stops the dripping.
I have seen more compression valves leaking than hep2o (only one)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back