Honda Petrol jet washer let run without water. What to check for damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I have purchased a non runner honda GX340 jet washer with interpump.

I was super focused on getting the engine running that I completely forgot to connect the hose pipe with water on the pump.

I had her running for few minute for few time but engine won't run very well as seems surging despite cleaned up carburator.

I have connected with water in the end and seem pumping but not load of pressure.

What should I check from engine side to remove the surging issue and what should I check on the pump for damage as running without water?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll only get pressure from the pump if you have the lance connected - they require 'back pressure' before they'll perform.
Your Interpump should be ok, but it's worth an oil change anyway......brass pumps fare rather well, aluminium ones don't.
Surging - almost always a carburettor issue.......what have you done so far?
John :)

John,

I have connected the lance and turbo was cleaning up the floor but not load of pressure to lift the lance. Friend of mine have same pump and lance fly away if you do not push down. May need to check pressure regulator? I was more worried to have broken an expensive pump just not connecting with water. Oil seems clean but yes I will do a change. Any tips on what oil should be used?

Regarding the engine. I have remove the the jet set pilot and sprayed carb cleaner inside. Removed the bottom cap with float and needle. spray carb cleaner from bottom. I was lazy but rainy day and wanted to check if at least was going to run. Shall I strip carb down completely and replace something?

Sponsored Links
Pump oil - I use a 15/40 or 10/40 motor oil for mine, and no problems so far!
It could be a good move to remove the three brass caps and check for any rusting on the valves within- this depends on how long the pump has been standing of course.
Move the pressure regulator in both directions to see if it's free.
Carb wise, you really need to remove and clean the emulsion tube (above the main jet) which is a push fit once the main jet is out.
Have fun!
John :)

Back