Honeywell CP038 PIR keeps causing control pad to beep.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can help. My house alarm recently activated either due to a fault or spurious alarm. By the time I got back home the alarm had stopped but the outside box was still flashing. I put in my pin to acknowledge the alarm and the system seemed to reset. When i went into one room the PIR sent an alert back to the alarm key pad panel causing it to beep. I cant seem to stop this so have just covered the PIR in the meantime. Im not sure if I need to key something into the panel to clear it or if it’s a fault with the PIR unit. The PIR obviously still works as it picks up my presence when i walk into beam. Any help or ideas appreciated as im not an alarm expert. Cheers Tel

Sponsored Links
It is a Honeywell. Markings on label are CP038, Grade 3, class ll. A little vertical thing. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 9
That’s just the keypad there will be a galaxy of some sort on the end of it ….sounds like you have put chime on the device ….at a guess…

Sponsored Links
I honestly don’t know how that happened. Only started after (false) alarm the other night. I’ll try and find out how to silence it. Thanks.

Code
Enter
Display will show “status unset” before going to a menu with “10 - setting”

Press enter

Press A until option 15 is displayed which will show chime

Press enter

Cycle through the chime zones until you find the relevant one eg 1014 then turn off chine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back