House Insurance (again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

My house insurance is due and having received emails from the comparison web sites that I checked last year. the current "best" offer is £2000, increased from £350!!!

Wow, I can hardly believe my good luck.

Have spoken with the current insurer and Direct Line, both of whom tell me they are unable to offer a policy 'because of your postcode rating.'

What does that mean?

Thanks and toodle pip

Sponsored Links
Have not checked the comparison sites yet but that is on the list.

I do my road neighbourhood Watch and to the best of my knowledge, I do not live in a crime 'hot spot.' A reasonably affluent area but definitely not 'hot.'

I have never made a claim on my 15 year old house. Does not make any sense why they do not want my money.

Sponsored Links
Have not checked the comparison sites yet but that is on the list.

I do my road neighbourhood Watch and to the best of my knowledge, I do not live in a crime 'hot spot.' A reasonably affluent area but definitely not 'hot.'

I have never made a claim on my 15 year old house. Does not make any sense why they do not want my money.
Is your house in a flood risk area?

We asked for quotes a few years back and we had a couple of companies refuse to quote for this reason.

The problem is that it’s done by postcode, so you could live in a street on a hill, with the houses at the bottom at risk of flooding but not those higher up….but all have the same postcode

Back