How did he do it?

Yes I thoroughly enjoy mucking about with water too. Be in the wrong game if not.

tends to pea you off a bit when you are under the boiler snatching, and it all runs down your arms and doesn't go to plan.

I'd never thought to change a boiler with bungs but now I see how other people can manage to scrape a living at this game, when all I seem to manage is to keep people in work and support the phone book and yellow pages and the garage that rips me off the whole time. Oh and corgi and napit and insurance companies and equipment suppliers and Gordon Brown.

Sponsored Links
There are as may ways, as people doing it...
Just use an aquavac to drain the rad (no need for a tray) then tape the nozzle to the rad while you snatch the valve. Use the old nuts and rad fittings. If the upstand copper's too long you just have to do it up tighter to move the olive along.
But if you use a spanner like the burke in the video you'll be in bother.

namsag, thats a good point, dont think iv ever seen a system that had the proper flushing its meant to have once its in lol. Think I was just nitpicking a bit.

yea was very happy with the result, yous didn't do to bad yourselfs lol.

think ill have shot at snatching my next 2 port, see if i can get 10 min extra coffie time!

Sponsored Links
I've just had a look at that video & if you keep your eye on the spanner it doesn't move when it's on the nut, yet as soon as the camera moves down to the tray water starts draining into it. :confused:
Or is it someone spilling his tea into the tray. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back