How to fix this flashing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our builders did this messy job of the flashing on our extension. BC said they put cavity trays in too low. Our plans show a 150mm upstand. The other side of the roof was done correctly. Any ideas how this could be fixed?

Attachments

• 20240907_152820.jpg
    20240907_152820.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Our builders did this messy job of the flashing. The BCO has said they put the cavity trays in too low. Can anybody advise on how this might best be fixed. The other side of the roof is correct with 150mm lead upstand.

Attachments

• 20240907_152820.jpg
    20240907_152820.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 55
You’ve got a massive kick up on the velux flashing too. Do you live in an exposed area? Retro fitting a cavity tray to a little bit of rendered wall with a decent soffit overhang…

Sponsored Links
Yes, noticed velux too. Is there anyway to improve this. We live in a very exposed area facing SW.

Aren't they Redland 49's ?
Possible, but they look like ludlow majors to me. I don't see it being an issue other than building control might not like it.
Getting the tiles to sit better takes more effort with the grinder than they have shown.

Possible, but they look like ludlow majors to me. I don't see it being an issue other than building control might not like it.
Getting the tiles to sit better takes more effort with the grinder than they have shown.
Something many 'tradespeople' don't have in their proverbial toolbox ... more effort.

Nah that'll do.

Not Ludlows, no.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back