How to protect front house wall from damp and water ingress (Ed.).

"then I dug a bit as far as could under the path very close to the wall that is still wet (you can see perhaps from pics) I was able to feel that there the soil seems to be much wetter than back at beginning of the hole."

I might be wrong, but that sounds to me like you were getting nearer to the leak.

You might find (it happened to me once) that you are standing in your trench and it fills up with soapy bathwater when someone pulls out the plug.

Have you ever found wild tomato plants there?

Sponsored Links
Hi, so sorry writing doctoral dissertation here , I really didn’t pay attention to the length of text I was writing. I will keep that more organised.

Thanks a lot regarding all the information regarding the idea whether should coat the wall with water-proof coating or not. I was worried that water might come from bellow and create more issues than I already have now.I will stick to your idea.

Sorry I did not get that big quite, what is IMO, or what does it mean?

These brick you mentioned, the one with white bloom near alleyway, are now dry but the corner of the house is still damp (the area of the wall where soil is getting wetter the more I dig), when I touch the bricks in the left corner of that wall in comparison to the one on the right side the wall(the one with white bloom) I can feel dampness. Unfortunately I cannot see any pipes from bottom of the house. I presume it is water-pipe underneath the alleyway. Either from the man-hole that doesn’t belong to me or it is water supply.

Yes I do have water meter, down the allay next to garden door, maybe 8 meter far from man hole. It has been installed four or five years ago, but I cannot see any leakage.

I am off tomorrow and will do some pics as today I was at work. I will dig a bit further as far I can under the path way where I suspect the leak to be close. The soil is definitely getting wetter there. I could not seen see any plants nor wild tomato plants just two very thick (2 cm) weed (I think its weed) roots protruding out.

Many thanks for your help, I will post more results tomorrow if you don’t mind and probably ask more questions. Thanks Denin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back