How to repressurise Vaillant ecofit pure ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I just noticed my boiler is sitting at 0.6 to 0.7 bar and it should be closer to 1-1.2 bar.

I looked at a few online videos but none seem to match my config.

I thought the yellow lever would do something, but seemingly not.

How do I get a bit more pressure into the boiler ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 14
Sponsored Links
1. Yellow lever is gas.
2. Look to the right of the gas valve. There should be two pipes each with a 1/4 turn valve, screwdriver operated. Open one by turning the screwdriver slot 90 degrees. Then open the other, slowly, in the same way. Pressure should start to rise. When is reaches desired value, close both valves.

Thanks, the picture has all of the pipes running to the boiler. Ultimately there is one turnscrew valve over to the left and one to the right of the yellow gas valve. Presumably it is those then ?

No. Sounds as if you have a heat only boiler running a sealed system. If so the filling loop will be elsewhere. Look for a braided hose running between two pipes, with a valve at each end of the hose. Typically under the work top below the boiler or in an airing cupboard.
Exact model of the boiler would be a help.

Sponsored Links
No. Sounds as if you have a heat only boiler running a sealed system. If so the filling loop will be elsewhere. Look for a braided hose running between two pipes, with a valve at each end of the hose. Typically under the work top below the boiler or in an airing cupboard.
Exact model of the boiler would be a help.

You are right, all my previous boilers were combi's. Whilst this one is indeed a system boiler connected in the same boiler cupboard to a megaflow type system, with diverter valves to independently control upstairs and downstairs.

The model is ecofit pure 630.

The only braided pipe I can see is over near the unvented tank. On this setup, is it all the way over there?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-27 at 19.55.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-27 at 19.55.20.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-09-27 at 19.55.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-27 at 19.55.21.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 7
The Flexi near the cylinder is likely your filling loop. Can't see what the other end is connected to though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back