But how to do it is,
you go to search,
2nd option,
search for author, is how you do it.

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
tim west said:
It's a PC program to design PCB's

But having designed it the next task is to get it manufactured in some way.
very true, that's where exposing the board and mask to UV and then developing said board and finally etching the board comes in. not hard to learn how to do it and once you have purchased the gear you are able to get creative on other projects. you can also send the file off to be manufactured if you dont want to get your hands dirty.

tim west said:
very true, that's where exposing the board and mask to UV and then developing said board and finally etching the board comes in. not hard to learn how to do it and once you have purchased the gear you are able to get creative on other projects.

That is fine for small low density ( of components ) boards with few vias ( holes with the track going from one side to the other side of the board ) and wide tracks ( 24 thou is about the smallest that can be achived safely with low cost equipment. )

Drilling the holes is the killer without CNC drill equiment.

And then the through hole plating or other method to make the hols conductive....

It is not as eay as it seems for anything but simple boards.

pcbtrain.co.uk manufacture small quantities of pcbs (i.e. 1) might be worth a look?

as you develop more and more boards you become more adept and you can produce some quite complex boards, the vias can be purchased and put into the holes prior to soldering, drilling is also a skill developed over time and i find i can drill at quite a speed and accuracy using a manual pcb drill main thing is to have a suitable base to mount the board on i use a self sealing base or you can even use a suitable block of soft wood, the trick is to make sure the pads have indents so the drill doesn't slip. there is great satisfaction in seeing a project working knowing you have built it from scratch.

One I did this week

PCB_e_0730001.jpg

As you say good to see it working. ( I know two labels are under a component, it was a rush job )

Sending the artworks to a PCB manufacturer is really the only way for this type of board.

That's a pretty high standard you've produced there bernard almost say it's factory manufactured, do you use some form of solder dipping to get that finish? I'm impressed, mine are nowhere near that standard of finish but they work ok.

Sponsored Links
Back