Hyundai HYMT5200X MULTI TOOL NOT ENGAGING ATTACHMENTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me diagnose the issue with my hyundai multi tool. The driveshaft won't turn the strimmer or polesaw attachments and only sometimes turns the hedgetrimmer before making the a whirring sound in this vide
I have tried replacing the driveshaft rods which looker a little worn but no improvement so I think it must be the clutch assembly not engaging power from the engine to drive the attachments.
Interesting that the hedge trimmer can sometimes be engaged before have to take it out and reinsert to see if will engage.

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
If the hedge trimmer sometimes works this indicates that the clutch is working, at least to some degree.
To me it sounds like a drive shaft engagement issue for some reason. I can't see the video unfortunately, overseas right now!
Are you able to pull the drive shaft out a bit when the accessories aren't attached?
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back