Ideal Logic Heat 12 boiler fault

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have not tried that combination. I will do that later on today and repost.
Special thanks to dilalio and madrab for all their useful and knowleable input so far

Hi again, sorry for delay in posting, away
dilalio
with 3 port manually opened (to mid point presumably) and just CH selected, boilere beahves as above. That is c on boiler and SL at 240v and pump at 240v and running. blue burner light on for a few secs and then off..
(de selectmanual overide on mid pos valve and DHW and CH on prog and burner lights and stays lit, hot flow goes through pump to mid pos valve and splits and circulates through HW tank AND rads. Its a small house 75sqm. (9 total rads) The 2 larger rads downstairs do warm up but slowly, all small rads getting hot reasonably quickly. made sure all TRVs fully open and lock shields open.

double checked (infact about quadzillion checked !!) wiring in JBox for connections to mid pos, valves and room and tank stats, to boiler. all as per spec.
It seems to come back to flow when just CH selected, even though pump is powered and running aven though allm rads getting hot ?
nd system works fine as long as DHW is on, so what are thoughts.
Change pump

double checked (infact about quadzillion checked !!) wiring in JBox for connections to mid pos, valves and room and tank stats, to boiler. all as per spec.
It seems to come back to flow when just CH selected, even though pump is powered and running aven though allm rads getting hot ?
nd system works fine as long as DHW is on, so what are thoughts.
Change pump

Without hands-on its hard to go any further.
As mentioned, demand for both CH and DHW is via same SWL, so unless CH demand is sending an errant voltage through this, it can't be upsetting the PCB.
The only other thing is the flow switch measuring input into the boiler, but this should throw up some fault code IMO (without looking up fault codes).
Maybe a call to technical.

I would recommend changing it to an S plan either way!

I take your point re the s plan although there are 100k's (or more) of y plan systems operating perfectly ( apart from the slight issue of the valve motor continually using power under certain conditions)

I note that you did not mention the pump so i assumne you do not believe that would achieve anything.

I have of course sent a detailed description to Ideal tech and await their response

existing system, new build from 12 years ago. As per original installation.
There is no mag filter
madrab - I totally agree something not right. I cannot get my head around there being a call ( c ) on boiler display whether on HW only or CH, and the boiler somehow differentiating c for CH only or c for DHW/DHW+CH
I agree that flow is sensible cause to investigate, which i have, in as much the live output to pump is correct and the pump is circulating when CH only is selected (assuming room stat is NOT satisfied), and SL at boiler is at 240V when c at display panel
However, the flow sensor must be working, otherwise burner light indicator would not stay on when CH + DHW is selected
Can put say a small load between the boiler SL and N with CH only selected and boiler presumably not firing, something like a 50W "bulb" or the like and see do you still have 240V.

Johntheo5

I have checked SL ( with a DMM and digital scope) and its stable at 240v when it should be
but i take your point of adding an additional load to verify. thanks

Still no reply from ideal tech, obviously a bit complicated for them. No other input from anyone ?? as my original post of fault still stands

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back