Identify pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can anyone help me identify what the orange covered copper pipe is in this picture on the right? This is an external garage where an old oil boiler has been removed for a gas combi elsewhere in the property. This pipe has always been there. Simply nailed to the wall. I had always assumed it was something to do with the oil boiler but now I’m not so sure.

1725623331991.jpeg

Sponsored Links
most likely the oil feed pipe - can you smell oil @ the end ?

I don’t think so but I’ll check again. I also pulled out a pipe that I assumed was the oil line. Much thinner and went to oil tank.

I’m wondering is it a pipe that’s been left since the house was built in 1996.

Sponsored Links
Given the way it's bent and twisted like that I'd question whether it is actually copper. Have you scratched the pipe to check that it isn't an old lead service pipe?

It’s copper. I think it might be a gas pipe. I’ve noticed other gas lines in the house for gas fires from a tank that look very similar to it. But I can’t work out why that would be ran to the garage and left like that with an oil boiler beside it as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back