Immersion boiler and fitting a shower

Hopefully you have isolation valves under bath to it's taps to at least be able to change them !

Sponsored Links
Hopefully you have isolation valves under bath to it's taps to at least be able to change them

So you think I will only get cold water pressure? but may get hot water if I lowered the shower head?

that one I linked on ebay has a second shower head too which I could use sometimes in the bath?

You will get cold water if it's from the mains ,which it almost certainly is. You get hot water from your baths hot tap because it's much lower than the little cold water tank that is sitting above the hot water cylinder ( it's integral ,looks like part of the cylinder). Once you start to raise the hot outlet ,the pressure drops. Judging by the measurements you gave ,your shower outlet will be virtually higher than the hot water cylinders top ,and pressure will be zilch !!

You will get cold water if it's from the mains ,which it almost certainly is. You get hot water from your baths hot tap because it's much lower than the little cold water tank that is sitting above the hot water cylinder ( it's integral ,looks like part of the cylinder). Once you start to raise the hot outlet ,the pressure drops. Judging by the measurements you gave ,your shower outlet will be virtually higher than the hot water cylinders top ,and pressure will be zilch !!
Ok thanks Now i just need to undo the bath tub with 20 screws on each 6 planks -.- then I'll find out if i can turn the water off under.. If not would be the stopclock outside?

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what or where any stopcocks to the premises exist. Typically there would be one outside that closed the supply to the building originally. When converting a building into flats it's not uncommon for additional supplies to be laid in. Worth asking neighbours if they have any in their flats.

I have no idea what or where any stopcocks to the premises exist. Typically there would be one outside that closed the supply to the building originally. When converting a building into flats it's not uncommon for additional supplies to be laid in. Worth asking neighbours if they have any in their flats.
Ill be asking the landlord Wednesday...

Ok so I got one them croyex shower plugins that go on the taps. The hot shower works at my height lol

1 issue, I need to find a way to protect blasterboard wall from the shower... The titles aren't high enough... any suggestions?

I am surprised you get a useable hot shower ,but if it works for you all good !
As for wall protection..... additional tiling not an option ? If you ain't too bothered about appearance ,drape shower curtains around the walls.

I am surprised you get a useable hot shower ,but if it works for you all good !
As for wall protection..... additional tiling not an option ? If you ain't too bothered about appearance ,drape shower curtains around the walls.
I dont know if I can get the same tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back