Immersion Heater Element. Have I wired this right?

Hi, I have an immersion heater that's element needed replacing. Thought it was a simple enough job.. I replaced the element and wired it all up, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have never done this before, can someone please tell me if I have done this right?
There were two earth wires , one from the switch on the wall and one from a pipe at the bottom that joins to a pipe at the top and I am not sure where it should go, so I tried leaving it hanging, didn't work. And I tried attaching it to
The earth pole, still didn't work. :(

If this is for real, please bear in mind that an immersion heater is a very powerful piece of equipment at 3kw, and will run for an hour or 2 at a time continuously. During this time, the connections and wiring to it will become warm by design, but if the connections are not made properly, they will become HOT, as will the wire. Those wires MUST be terminated correctly.

A fuse or RCD will NOT prevent a fire caused by dodgy connections. [/b]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back