Immersion & programmer tripping out if both on at same t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I turned on my immersion to day after 5 mins it tripped one of the switches on the electric box. I flicked the switch back up and there was a buzzing from the box. Both the immersion and programmer have there own on/off switches in the airing cupboard. I found that if I had only the programmer on and immersion off it was ok no tripping, also if I only had the immersion on and the programmer off it was ok. The problem only happens when 'both' immersion and programmer are on. The switch it trips is the one furthest on right of the box.

Any ideas where to start immersion or programmer ? Programmer can seem a bit tempremental at times ie have to move progam button sometimes to get it to recognise to come on.

T

Sponsored Links
Do you have a top and bottom element in your cylinder?

What does the programmer do? Is it for the bottom element on the cylinder or is it for your boiler or something completely different?

Sponsored Links
Does the switch it trips have RCD written on it? If so it sounds like you have fault with the immersion element - plumbers fix these.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back