Indesit IWF washing machine, single click but no start with any selected cycle.

Sponsored Links
That is fascinating never seen any like that before but things move on don't they. The only other thing I can suggest before you buy another sensor is to try the machine in diagnostic mode to see if it points you to any thing else. https://www.google.com/search?q=ind...gUQIRigAZgDAJIHBDQxLjKgB-7lAQ&sclient=gws-wiz Not sure which method will apply to your model but hope it helps

Those video's are fantastic, thanks. Washer looks identical to mine - unfortunately I simply can't get the machine to enter service mode! Tried umpteen times, same result occurs regardless, a click is heard, the door locked indicator is illuminated red, nothing happens.

The model in the title is incorrect, should read IWC (71252).

Also mentioned earlier I'd examined the control board for burn marks, for clarity this was the board sited behind the control switches. There looks to be a box that probably contains a pcb, at right side bottom rear. Lots of wires run in/out of the box. I'll attempt to examine that area, access is awkard.

One odd symptom I've noticed is that when the machine is plugged into the mains power, following 10+ mins unplugged, it immediately lights up the control panel, prompting for start button to be pressed. I would have expected to have to switch the machine on via the on/off button before the 'start cycle' prompt begins?

It seems like you have almost gone through the reset procedure when you have powered on/off. Try it again https://mixrepairs.co.uk/how-to-reset-indesit-washing-machine/ and then try entering diagnotic mode. If you continue to have problems the only other suggestion I can make is that it is time to call a Hotpoint /Indesit engineer out. It would be good to hear the outcome if you do. My GUESS would be that it is a pcb failure but they are a bit expensive to use as a diagnostic part and some have to be programmed on site to the particular model

Sponsored Links
Can you confirm the model number. If it is IWC 71252 they have a Sole motor and when the motor brushes have worn the door locks and nowt else happens.
They are held on with a 5.5mm socket size screw. Lean the machine securely back to the wall to remove and check them.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back