Infuriated By BS7666?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Total garbage from north York...they abandoned the plans see....https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/24332930.north-yorkshire-council-scrap-plan-ban-apostrophes-road-signs/

There is absolutely no requirement in BS7666 to get rid of any punctuation...that was just made up nonsense to shield a poor decision. All databases can handle the ' , this is a database you are using right now...use the search at the top.

I thought your response to my attempt to be helpful wasn't very nice, but perhaps I was a little thin-skinned. Shall we leave it at that?
My responses were "No why?"
And
"No I haven't!"

I'm really sorry you thought that wasn't nice, but it wasn't intended to be so.

You thought I'd got out of bed the wrong side, but that's not the case.

Nothing more tedious than a lazy (grammar) poster, especially those that like to use txt spk when they really don't need to.
I agree correct grammar should be taught and used, but that is different from getting uptight over whether or not St Albans should have an apostrophe. Many people have dyslexia and find it incredibly difficult to follow the rules let alone understand them.

St. Albans needs a full stop! Was the geezer's name Alban or Albans?

Just get it right. If the computer's not capable of reading English, change it for one which can.

I just find it odd. The majority, I would say, of the users of the forum don't know when to use "it's" or "its".
As in: "It's a road sign, its markings should be correct". Innit.
His
Hers
Its
Simples.

The “geezer” (slang alert) was St Alban, but the Council call the place St Albans on their website. The Council’s formal name is City and District of St Albans not St Alban. English is a living language. I agree people get the apostrophe wrong on the forum, but so what? If you understand it does it matter?
Just get it right. If the computer's not capable of reading English, change it for one which can.
Earlier posts show that the computer was being used as an excuse.
I just find it odd. The majority, I would say, of the users of the forum don't know when to use "it's" or "its".
His
Hers
Its
Simples.
I tend to write 100’s rather than 100s, because the former is more readily understood. Its wrong though.

His
Hers
Its
Simples.
There there.
Jus' 'cos they're getting their knickers in a twist.
;)

Sponsored Links