Inline fan connected to light circuit, notifiable?

Yes John, I could have made it clearer .
BS 7671 (Iet Wiring Regulations) is not law (unless part of a contract or is referred to in renting law) but should be treated as if it is law, wheras Part P including notifications is law.

Sponsored Links
Yes John, I could have made it clearer . ... BS 7671 (Iet Wiring Regulations) is not law (unless part of a contract or is referred to in renting law) ...
I would say only gthe latter ('referred to in renting law), since even if #part of a contract', that is a 'private'/'civil' matter, not really 'the law' in the normal sense
but should be treated as if it is law, wheras Part P including notifications is law.
This discussion has been specifically about 'notifiability', and only those things s[specified in the Building Regs ('the law') as being notifiable are notifiable, regardless of anything to do with BS7671 (other than its definitions of 'bathroom zones' which are used by 'the law').

If one tried to notify something which was not actually required to be notified (by the law) I imagine that the LA would probably 'ignore' that notification (but may well keep any notification fee that had been paid :) )..

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back