Is it legal to remove the bulkhead from a van?

Hi,
The reason I wanted to remove the bulkhead was so I could get a sleepover mattress in the rear. I like squareness, but a mate of mine suggested trying the mattress diagonally, and it just long enough now so no need to remove the bulkhead, just put a head banging foam headboard.
Thanks for your replies.
C

Sponsored Links
You'll probably be glad you didn't go to the trouble and expense of removing it after the first time you or any other unfortunate user of the sleepover mattress wakes up with condensation dripping on them.

You'll probably be glad you didn't go to the trouble and expense of removing it after the first time you or any other unfortunate user of the sleepover mattress wakes up with condensation dripping on them.
Hi M,
It would still drip with the bulkhead removed.
I'm used to converting motorhomes: Insulation, heating and ventilation :)
C

Sponsored Links
Hi M,
It would still drip with the bulkhead removed.
I know - the point I was trying to make was that if you don't remove the bulkhead then when you abandon the idea of using it to sleep in after the first time you won't have pointlessly incurred the trouble and cost of removal.

I'm used to converting motorhomes: Insulation, heating and ventilation :)
C
It really didn't sound as if you were planning a proper motorhome conversion....

HI L,
I had 2x Sherpas from the P.O. strong bulkhead, with sliding doors.
C.

Those sliding front doors were great in the summer. Lots of vans had them - CF, CA, Transit, Sherpa, J4, etc. Suppose they're banned now, down to elf 'n' safety. Remember the donkey-jacketed (no high vis) bin men clinging on for dear life on the footplate at the back of the bin lorry. When men were men.

Those sliding front doors were great in the summer. Lots of vans had them - CF, CA, Transit, Sherpa, J4, etc. Suppose they're banned now, down to elf 'n' safety.
Given that every single piece of Health & Safety legislation/regulations we have has been bought with peoples lives, by other people being widowed, by children losing parents, by parents losing children, by families losing breadwinners, it may be no bad thing if dangerous vehicle features and working practices are banned now.

Remember the donkey-jacketed (no high vis) bin men clinging on for dear life on the footplate at the back of the bin lorry. When men were men.
When men were expendable cannon-fodder you mean.

You really do have an obscenely exaggerated view of your own importance if you think I would post the truth about H&S history just to wind you up.

Sponsored Links
Back