Is the back of this shelf hanging over the edge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seemed weird that the back of this flat pack shelf hangs over back of bottom which it did with the predrilled holes but I assumed it was a mistake so put the back the other way round which fitted a re drilled new holes. After looking at the diagram seems maybe the back should hang over the edge?

They want it high on the wall too for heavy paper. Should I reinforce it with repair brackets?

20240621_081945.jpg
20240621_081951.jpg
20240621_081853.jpg
20240621_081848.jpg
20240621_081842.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So I re drilled the dowl etc does this look OK? Repair brackets for added strength if going on wall?
20240621_150614.jpg
20240621_150601.jpg
20240621_150551.jpg
20240621_150530.jpg

Sponsored Links
What makes you think it needs reinforcing to go on a wall? The instructions you posted show how to wall mount it, so that would seem to be it's intended use anyway?

i dont think it helps to ridicule someone who is trying hard
in general people need to learn at there own level
to you or i it may seem obvious as to where its going wrong but to some its a complicated dance
i automatically help everyone without judgement in my words i off course have private wtf thoughts but keep them to my self as i dont wish to demean or ridicule any one
in general iff someone is trying hard but getting no where by natural action means the work will dry up from no referals or happy comments
;)

Fine, but when that same person is (I assume) charging a customer for their time, you would expect them to have a little basic savvy - instead, we find him posting here, seeking advice on the most simple, and basic of jobs. Many of the simple, hours worth of work, appear to continue to progress for many weeks, as advice is sought on every step.

Now we have a simple flat-pack, which is designed for the average person to be able to assemble with ease - yet it is beyond the OP's reach. Should he really be charging for his time and (lack of) expertise?

i automatically help everyone without judgement in my words i off course have private wtf thoughts but keep them to my self as i dont wish to demean or ridicule any one

If I can, I do too, and I am not beyond asking for advice/solutions myself, if I think I might be missing something obvious.

to you or i it may seem obvious as to where its going wrong but to some its a complicated dance
in general iff someone is trying hard but getting no where by natural action means the work will dry up from no referals or happy comments
;)
Many genuine traders complain about cowboys.

There is a difference between DIY and trade work

;)

BUT, he is charging customers for his work and getting advice on a diy forum. You couldn't make it up.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back