Is this subsidence please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just brought a property and noticed some bricks at bottom have a huge gap with some black linding it is only on the extension part of the property really worried Iv checked extension was done in 2001 it does have quite a few big trees near it

Sponsored Links
OP,
What your pics show seems to need the return of the mortgage surveyor - or failing that then a SE on site?
The "black" stuff you can see hanging from a bed is the DPC.

OP,
What your pics show seems to need the return of the mortgage surveyor - or failing that then a SE on site?
The "black" stuff you can see hanging from a bed is the DPC.
Yeah we got a mortgage on it but really worried what if they turn us down with the mortgage if they think it’s subsidence I mean when they lender us they would have come seen it but some people said they just look on google and give the mortgage first time Iv brought a property so don’t know what to do does it not look good at all

Sponsored Links
Just brought a property and noticed some bricks at bottom have a huge gap with some black linding it is only on the extension part of the property really worried Iv checked extension was done in 2001 it does have quite a few big trees near it…really worried what if they turn us down with the mortgage if they think it’s subsidence
You say you’re worried that they might turn you down for a mortgage on it but you also say you’ve bought it. Which is it - did you get a mortgage on it and buy it or are you still thinking of buying it?

The three courses of engineering brick look newer than the rest, maybe there was a problem before (subsidence or flooding) and this was the solution.

You say you’re worried that they might turn you down for a mortgage on it but you also say you’ve bought it. Which is it - did you get a mortgage on it and buy it or are you still thinking of buying it?
Sorry Iv brought it just someone was telling me mortgage will refuse me if I question them

Sorry Iv brought it just someone was telling me mortgage will refuse me if I question them
How can they refuse you? They’ve handed the cash over now. Didn’t you notice it when looking at it? You don’t need to be any sort of expert to have noticed that.

What did the survey say about it?

Andy
I didn’t get a survey as never knew I would need one as never brought a property before like this I only brought my first one before this which was in a auction sale which was all fine

How can they refuse you? They’ve handed the cash over now. Didn’t you notice it when looking at it? You don’t need to be any sort of expert to have noticed that.
No sorry didn’t notice it before at all because it’s a bungalow and it goes all the way round it has 2 ways to go in so we didn’t look that side in suprised myself how we missed this

If you got a mortgage on the property I would have thought that the mortgage company would have done a survey , I know not a full survey but how did they miss that

Either shrinkage of the face brickwork, or some settlement/foundation movement.

Either instruct your own structural engineer or involve your insurer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back