Is this subsidence please help

Sponsored Links
It's also dropped at the bottom right corner of the window. Have a dig, I think you'll find it's been built on topsoil. If so it probably needs knocking down and rebuilding, it looks like it's a small extension so hopefully not a major catastrophe. Not worth mucking about trying to repair, underpin etc. Just re-do it correctly.

There's usually a good reason why houses are in auction!

It's also dropped at the bottom right corner of the window. Have a dig, I think you'll find it's been built on topsoil. If so it probably needs knocking down and rebuilding, it looks like it's a small extension so hopefully not a major catastrophe. Not worth mucking about trying to repair, underpin etc. Just re-do it correctly.

There's usually a good reason why houses are in auction!
Sorry this wasn’t the property I brought in a auction this was a normal property on the market Iv purchased it through agents and with a mortgage

Just get a spade and dig out alongside the wall. If it's less than a couple of feet deep then it's junk.

I saw loads of similar extensions when we were buying. They often tip away from the main building, as an extension normally has three walls, so the outer edge with its wall is much heavier than the inner, which doesn't have a wall. Have a look where it adjoins the original building, see what's happening there.

You need to assess how bad it is, then decide on a plan. It definitely has major issues, but hopefully it's a fairly small extension so it isn't the end of the world.

Sponsored Links
Just get a spade and dig out alongside the wall. If it's less than a couple of feet deep then it's junk.

I saw loads of similar extensions when we were buying. They often tip away from the main building, as an extension normally has three walls, so the outer edge with its wall is much heavier than the inner, which doesn't have a wall. Have a look where it adjoins the original building, see what's happening there.

You need to assess how bad it is, then decide on a plan. It definitely has major issues, but hopefully it's a fairly small extension so it isn't the end of the world.
Thanks will do that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back