Jigsaw blades to replace Reciprocating

They are wire nails, the copper help prevent them coming loose. Don’t know why you struggle ! Takes 15mins to dismantle an average pallet.
so the copper acts like a barb to stop them coming back out - without ever giving it any great thought I had assumed the copper wire was just there to hold them together to load into the gun

and some pallets don't come to bits that easy, some of the 'blue' ones are very well put together with annulated nails, can't really get them apart.

Sponsored Links
so the copper acts like a barb to stop them coming back out - without ever giving it any great thought I had assumed the copper wire was just there to hold them together to load into the gun

and some pallets don't come to bits that easy, some of the 'blue' ones are very well put together with annulated nails, can't really get them apart.
Not had a pallet I can’t dismantle yet. Don’t bother with coloured pallets as I need clean timber .

Why have I found it hard to dismantle…

Well I am autistic, with disabilities… the hospital isn’t sure what happened first, but I have a spinal injury, ankles are shot, hips are rotated so my feet naturally point to the 10 and 2 position, I can’t point them forward but I can point my feet backwards and walk… if walking or doing anything outside of the house I have to wear an aircast boot else I will either sprain or break my ankles… again…

I found a pallet buster found behind one of my fence panels from years ago… I repainted it, as well as some other bits (may of created a post here) after removing rust… so when I used it last week I didn’t think and I broke it… I think the rust was deeper than I thought.

The pallets are almost brand new, but was a little wetter than a normal pallet and I think this hasn’t helped, but managed to get a good bit done, then my amazing mum did a lot this morning, about 10x what I could do in the past 6 day’s combined…

I am using the pallets as slats for an outdoor chair for myself for this summer… so I can spend some time outside this year comfortably. I am only hoping to have this last until end of September… so using what I can find for free.

Why have I found it hard to dismantle…

Well I am autistic, with disabilities… the hospital isn’t sure what happened first, but I have a spinal injury, ankles are shot, hips are rotated so my feet naturally point to the 10 and 2 position, I can’t point them forward but I can point my feet backwards and walk… if walking or doing anything outside of the house I have to wear an aircast boot else I will either sprain or break my ankles… again…

I found a pallet buster found behind one of my fence panels from years ago… I repainted it, as well as some other bits (may of created a post here) after removing rust… so when I used it last week I didn’t think and I broke it… I think the rust was deeper than I thought.

The pallets are almost brand new, but was a little wetter than a normal pallet and I think this hasn’t helped, but managed to get a good bit done, then my amazing mum did a lot this morning, about 10x what I could do in the past 6 day’s combined…

I am using the pallets as slats for an outdoor chair for myself for this summer… so I can spend some time outside this year comfortably. I am only hoping to have this last until end of September… so using what I can find for free.
I’m autistic, but degree is different for everyone, Waiting to see spinal surgeon have cervical stenosis and need an operation, have been limping since Xmas and recently had steroid injection in my knee.
Just slows me down a lot .

Sponsored Links
A heavy duty club hammer will help, a decent recipro blade for wood and metal will help expose and go through nails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back